Crews at the scene of Thursday's house fire in Mount Pleasant. Photo Jeff Alan.

A fundraising quest has been launched by the family of Paul and Pam Kelly, whose house was destroyed by fire on Thursday evening.

Fire took hold of the house and shed on Angas Valley Road, Mount Pleasant where, at about 5.45 p.m., nine CFS trucks, with about 40 firefighters were called.

Causing $150,000 damage, the fire started in the adjoining shed and spread to the house. It has been reported the fire was caused by an accident with the ignition on the generator.

- Advertisement -

The fire destroyed a lifetime of memories, their car and all worldly goods.

Treated in hospital as a result of the fire, Mr and Mrs Kelly were left with only the clothes they stood in and have already been helped from the community with food, short term accommodation and clothes.

To help the couple a donation can be made on the Go Fund Me page www.gofundme.com/f/6q8kv-house-fire-recovery

- Advertisement -